Measurably clarify your copy
Make your copy easier to read and understand with readability indexes, statistics and other tools.
Why readability? Reach readers, communicate better, boost the bottom line
- Is Obamacare readable?: AP asks Ann to evaluate online training program
- Make your copy easy to read: Best way to make an ‘Impact’
- Why clarity?: 5 myths of complicated copy
- Clarity decreases patient anxiety: Saint Luke’s makes consent forms readable
- CEO pay disclosures ‘like reading War and Peace’: Proxies long and mind-numbing
- SEC calls for clearer writing: Get the commission’s free ‘Plain English Handbook’
Measure readability: Targets & tools
- Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: How many years of education do your readers need?
- Flesch Reading Ease: What’s your score on this 100-point scale?
- The Gunning Fog index: Are you smart enough to write for a fifth-grader?
- Measure the Fog: See what you learn when you try it by hand
- Readability calculators online: Easy ways to test your copy
- What would Hemingway do? Find out with this new app
- Measure and manage readability: Readers multiply reading ease
Improve readability: Tips & techniques
- Elements of readability: The writing and the reader determine reading ease
- Readability smackdown: Master Class grads boost readability by up to 300%
- Little Red Schoolhouse school of clarity: ‘It’s good to write clearly’
- Increase readability: What difference does length make?
- CLEAR it up: 5 steps to simplifying your message
- Clarity killers: Avoid these institutional mistakes
- Measure, manage & report readability: 4 more ways to use reading ease
- Write for the world: How to reach readers in the face of global illiteracy
More on readability: