Reach more readers and get the word out with Ann Wylie’s writing workshops
- About our corporate communication trainer
- Data-driven writing training
- Writing training topics
- In-house and public writing workshops
Does your team need to get up to speed on the latest best practices in content writing, email writing, website writing or PR writing? Do you need to level up your own persuasive-writing, clear-writing or storytelling skills? Do you just want to write better, easier & faster?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
“Ann Wylie is one of the few people who can actually teach something substantial about writing.”
— George Stenitzer, vice president of corporate communications, Tellabs
Read more rave reviews.
About our writing trainer
Writing trainer Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.
Her workshops take her from Hollywood to Helsinki. There, she helps corporate communicators in organizations like Coca-Cola, Toyota and NASA polish their skills and find new inspiration for their work.
Ann’s own corporate communications work has earned more than 60 awards, including two IABC Gold Quills — the Pulitzer Prizes of business communications.
“I have been a journalist for 30 years, published more than 10,000 times, and I have learned more about writing in the past two days from Ann than I have in all that time. I so needed this!”
— Jim Masters, internal communications specialist, Accenture
Now you can level up your writing skills in Ann’s in-house classes and public writing workshops.
Data-driven writing training
Have you grown tired of writing coaches and trainers who rehash writing 101 concepts and formulas? Who share their gut instincts, without any data? Who talk conceptually about writing but never get around to delivering tactics?
So have we. That’s why Ann Wylie’s workshops focus on current best practices based on proven-in-the-lab research. Whether you work in content marketing or corporate identity, public speaking or PR, make sure you and your team members have the communication strategies you need to:
- Move people to act. What story angle should you develop to get people to pay attention to your message? Most corporate communicators choose a story angle that only their vice presidents could love.
- Boost reading. The right writing structure increases reading, understanding, sharing, satisfaction and more. Most corporate communicators are still using the structure they learned when they were 19.
- Reach more readers. What’s the average length of a paragraph that doesn’t get skipped … of a sentence that’s easy to understand … of a word that doesn’t reduce reading? Ann’s studied 130 years of readability research — plus the results of the latest global literacy study — to find out.
- Get the word out to nonreaders. Web visitors read, on average, about 20% of the words on a page. But you can still get your message across to those who won’t read every word you write — if you know Ann’s simple system.
“This was the best writing workshop I’ve ever taken. It was packed with best practices backed up by research.”
— Liz Carmack, senior communications specialist, Texas Association of Counties
Corporate communications writing training topics
In Ann’s writing workshops, you’ll learn how to:
Polish your writing skills today
Learn to write more persuasive, engaging content with our:
- In-house writing classes. Get your whole team on the same page when you bring Ann in via Zoom for customized 6-hour workshops (90 minutes a day for four days) and 10-hour Master Classes (two hours a day for five days).
- Public writing workshops. Learn new techniques and get coaching and live editing from Ann at our communications-, PR- and marketing-writing Master Classes.
- On-demand webinars. Boost your skills in specific topics with our on-demand webinars. Up-level on your own or train your whole team with a group license.
“Top notch! I would recommend it for any writer and only wish I had attended sooner.”
– Andrea Smith-Ruff, communication specialist, University of Michigan
How may we help you? Contact Ann to book a writing workshop today.