Learn to write better content marketing pieces
Content writers, freelance writers and social media marketers: Would you like to …
- Get clicked with story angles that big-data studies show are more likely to draw readers?
- Get read with a structure that increases readers by 300% and reading by 520%?
- Get liked with dozens of research-backed, proven-in-the-lab best practices?
- Get shared with scientifically proven elements that make posts go viral?
- Get home early with time-saving, fill-in-the-blanks templates and recipes for organizing posts and that almost write themselves?
“The article I rewrote in Ann’s class got nearly three times the average page views for our stories. It was the second-most read story of the year.”
— Michelle Esso, senior communications staff writer, Baker Law
Read more rave reviews.
If so, boost your online content-writing skills at writing coach Ann Wylie’s Get Clicked, Liked and Shared, our content-writing workshop. You’ll learn to create digital content, social media posts and other website content that grab attention and move readers to act.
This content-writing course teaches you how to write relevant content that boosts analytics. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
Think Like a Friend, Fan or Follower
It’s the best content marketing strategy around: Offer news you can use to live your life better, and watch your reach and influence grow. You learn how to:
- Get more likes and shares with stories that better serve your audience.
- Enhance the user experience with proven-in-the-lab techniques for boosting reader engagement.
- Tap secrets of successful trade publications to create more excitement for your B2B posts.
- Use a cool tool for finding the most popular topics for your posts, taking advantage of the latest trends in voice search.
- Take advantage of the No. 1 most-preferred headline approach for blog and social media posts.
Fill in the Blanks to Content Creation
Get our recipes and templates for tipsheets, survey stories and more. Content creation has never been easier! Learn how to:
- Write leads that drag readers into your piece with our 3-step test.
- Use our one-page, annotated blog post map to fill in the blanks to better blog posts.
- Avoid leads that put readers off with our one-page checklist.
- Write better survey stories, case studies and how-to stories with our annotated example.
- Avoid the muddle in the middle with simple organizational tools.
Cut Through the Clutter Online
Use a cool (free!) content writing tool to measure, manage and monitor your content readability. Learn how to:
- Ramp up readability with a paragraph-by-paragraph analysis.
- Avoid using one “unretweetable” punctuation mark. It’s been proven in the lab to reduce sharing.
- Hit — to the word — the best length for your blog post. You’ll be amazed by a simple tool for optimizing your post length for search engines.
- Make your posts easier to understand by streamlining long sentences.
- Reach more readers by measurably increasing readability.
Lift Your Ideas Off the Screen
Reach nonreaders with headlines, links and other online display copy. Plus, learn Ann’s simple tricks for optimizing content. Learn how to:
- Write headlines that entice readers with wit and whimsy — and climb higher on search engine results pages.
- Get the word out to readers who spend less than 37 seconds reading an article.
- Boost your social media analytics with Ann’s proven-in-the-lab best practices.
- Reach nonreaders who read only 5% of your blog post with our 3-step test.
- Increase understanding, memory and satisfaction by reducing page-view time.
Live Editing Sessions
Put the “master” in the Master Class by practicing and perfecting the skills you learn in the workshop. You’ll:
- Master the techniques you’ve learned in two-minute practice sessions, then get Ann’s award-winning ideas for improving your work.
- Work with your peers to turn lame digital marketing pieces into high-quality content, then find out what Ann would do.
- Get written feedback on your own work from your colleagues.
- Watch Ann transform your work in live editing sessions in class.
Mastering the writing business has never been easier! You’ll see long-term results for years to come from the 10 hours you spend in class.
“I love the way Ann presents and I enjoyed getting live feedback from her and the group. Best workshop I’ve been to in my professional career.“
— Katie Dombrowski, communications analyst, City of Raleigh – Development Services Dept.
Logistics — NEW FORMAT!
- Learn at your own pace, at your convenience.
- Spend more time with Ann on live editing and coaching sessions.
- Learn with a community of like-minded communicators.
Class runs from March 31 through April 28.
Weekly trainings. Access weekly trainings at your convenience, starting:
- March 31: Think Like a Friend, Fan & Follower
- April 7: Fill In the Blanks to Better Content Creation
- April 14: Cut Through the Clutter Online
- April 21: Reach Readers Where Their Eyes Are, How to Write a Great List
- April 28-May 28: Continue to polish your skills with access recordings of all sessions — including live coaching and editing calls — and the LinkedIn Group Page
Weekly live coaching and editing sessions. Mark your calendars for live one-hour coaching and editing sessions with Ann at noon Central on:
- April 7: Think Like a Friend, Fan & Follower
- April 14: Fill In the Blanks to Better Content Creation
- April 21: Cut Through the Clutter Online
- April 28: Reach Readers Where Their Eyes Are, How to Write a Great List
- Silver (workshop only): $1,195
- Gold (Silver + $300 worth of learning tools — Cut Through the Clutter, Think Like a Reader, Think Outside the Pyramid): $1,295
- Platinum (Gold +$297 subscription to Rev Up Readership): $1,395
- Diamond (Platinum +$750 Jump-the-Line Live Editing Sessions with Ann. Ensure that Ann will edit your message live in class. Must meet class deadlines.): $1,795
Please learn about our cancellation policy and more in our FAQ.
“I have ideas to share with my team. Data to share with my management and a fresh perspective for me. Kind of like a whole new attitude! Thank you!”
— Becky Healy, manager, State Farm Insurance
APRs: Earn 4 accreditation renewal credits.
Save up to $100 with our group discounts.