Learn to write effective social media posts, other content marketing pieces
How do you triple readership for your social media post? Get people to read 520% more of your content marketing piece? Increase shares, likes and followers?
Are you a content writer who would like to …
- Learn how to identify which content ideas readers want to read?
- Get fill-in-the-blanks templates for building popular content marketing pieces?
- Get targets for the most effective length of blog posts, mobile headlines, paragraphs, sentences and words?
- Get your message across even to nonreaders?
Then Get Clicked, Liked & Shared is the content writing training program for you.
(Yes, this course will teach you to improve the user experience in email marketing, writing for the web and personal brand-building, as well as improving your content marketing writing skills.)
“The article I rewrote in Ann’s Master Class got nearly three times the average page views for our intranet homepage stories. It was the second-most read story of the year.”
— Michelle Esso, senior communications staff writer, Baker Law
Read more rave reviews.
What you’ll learn in our content writing course:
Whether you’re just starting to learn the basics or have been a digital marketing expert for years, you’ll learn how to:
Think Like a Friend, Fan or Follower
Watch your social media reach and influence grow when you deliver relevant, valuable, useful content:
- Position your company as the expert in the field and draw readers in with news they can use to live their lives better.
- Make sure your status updates are welcome guests, not intrusive pests, by passing the 70-20-10 test.
- Tap the power of the most-retweeted word in the English language. And avoid the one topic nobody wants to read about.
Fill In the Blanks to Better Content Creation
Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to attract 300% more readers; increase sharing; boost readership, understanding, engagement, interest, satisfaction and more. Then use this “master recipe” to:
- Fill in the blanks to the best survey story you’ve ever written, using our easy template.
- Get a simple template for crafting a tipsheet that almost writes itself.
- Write a great case study: It’s easy with our annotated example.
“LOVED the recipes for different kinds of articles and focusing on the reader.”
– Megan Bultman, lead philanthropy consultant, Allstate
Cut Through the Clutter in Content Marketing
Analyze your readability with a free online writing tool, then:
- Hit the right targets: What’s the most effective length of a content marketing piece? An online paragraph? A sentence? A word?
- Get a (free!) paragraph-by-paragraph analysis of your piece to identify the best opportunities to radically increase readability.
- Entice visitors to read more of your story by hitting one key on your keyboard more often.
Lift Ideas Off the Screen
Most web visitors spend, on average, fewer than 15 seconds on a page, according to Chartbeat. Get your message across even to nonreaders:
- Write better listicles with our 6-step list-writing makeover.
- Tear down obstacles to reading your post by passing the Palm Test.
- Learn a simple search engine optimization approach that will help you get found while producing high-quality content.
“Wonderful! Loved the focus on data. This is the first class I’ve taken in which I’m likely to review my notes.”
– Caroline Kipp, senior community relations specialist, Town of Castle Rock
Choose from these formats for content writing courses:
- In-house training programs: Bring Ann in to train your whole team with on-site or online courses
- Public Master Classes: Build your own blog writing skills when you attend one of our writing workshops near you.
- Association workshops: Bring Ann to your conference or chapter for a keynote, breakout session or professional development program.
I’m ready to boost my digital marketing skills!
I’d like to:
- Book Ann for an in-house or association workshop.
- Learn about our corporate communication trainer, Ann Wylie.
Questions? Contact Ann.