Learn to write effective social media posts, other content marketing pieces
How do you triple readership for your social media post? Get people to read 520% more of your content marketing piece? Increase shares, likes and followers?
Are you a content writer, freelance writer or business-writing professional who would like to …
- Learn how to identify which content ideas readers want to read?
- Stop reinventing the wheel on the popular types of content marketing pieces with fill-in-the-blanks templates?
- Learn targets for the most effective length of blog posts, mobile headlines, paragraphs, sentences and words?
- Get your message across even to nonreaders?
- Measurably boost your web-content writing skills with proven-in-the-lab techniques and award-winning writing feedback?
If so, then our Get Clicked, Liked & Shared content marketing course is designed for you.
“The article I rewrote in Ann’s Master Class got nearly three times the average page views for our intranet homepage stories. It was the second-most read story of the year.”
— Michelle Esso, senior communications staff writer, Baker Law
Read more rave reviews.
What you’ll learn in our content writing course:
This certification course includes:
Think Like a Friend, Fan or Follower
Watch your social media marketing reach and influence grow when you deliver relevant, valuable, useful content. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Position your company as the expert in the field and draw readers in with news they can use to live their lives better
- Make sure your status updates are welcome guests, not intrusive pests, by passing the 70-20-10 test
- Tap the power of the most-retweeted word in the English language. And avoid the one topic nobody wants to read about
- Decide why 7 steps is better than 10 tips in your blog post headline
- Use trends in voice search to identify your next blog-post topic
“Ann turned my world upside down! Her workshop was incredibly valuable. I can’t wait to take what I learned back to my team!”
— Justine Cleghorn, communications advisor, Affinity Credit Union
Fill In the Blanks to Better Content Creation
Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to attract 300% more readers; increase sharing; boost readership, understanding, engagement, interest, satisfaction and more. Then use this “master recipe” to:
- Use our easy template to write the best survey story you’ve ever written
- Craft a tipsheet that almost writes itself with our simple formula
- Write a great case study: It’s easy with our annotated example
- Draw readers in with leads that use creative writing techniques that readers love
- Master a structure that has been proven in the lab to draw 300% more readers and gets them to read 520% more — and that also boosts sharing
“LOVED the recipes for different kinds of articles and focusing on the reader.”
– Megan Bultman, lead philanthropy consultant, Allstate
Cut Through the Clutter in Content Marketing
Whether your writing includes blog posts, social media posts or other web content, you’ll analyze your readability with a free tool. Then you’ll learn how to:
- Hit the right targets: What’s the most effective length of a content marketing piece? An online paragraph? A sentence? A word?
- Get a paragraph-by-paragraph analysis of your piece to identify the best opportunities to radically increase readability
- Entice visitors to read more of your story by hitting one key on your keyboard more often
- Learn how long your post should be — for your blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Avoid the one unretweetable punctuation mark
Lift Ideas Off the Screen
Most web visitors spend, on average, fewer than 15 seconds on a page, according to Chartbeat. Get your message across even to nonreaders:
- Write better listicles with our 6-step list-writing makeover
- Tear down obstacles to reading your post by passing the Palm Test
- Learn a simple search engine optimization approach that will help you get found while producing high-quality content
- Craft creative headlines that also get found on search engines
- Don’t drop the one element that most readers read … but that most writers skip
“Wonderful! Loved the focus on data. This is the first class I’ve taken in which I’m likely to review my notes.”
– Caroline Kipp, senior community relations specialist, Town of Castle Rock
Choose from these formats for content writing courses:
- In-house training programs: Bring Ann in to train your whole team with on-site or online courses.
- Public Master Classes: Build your own blog writing skills when you attend one of our writing workshops near you.
- Association workshops: Bring Ann to your conference or chapter for a keynote, breakout session or professional development program.
I’m ready to create content readers love!
I’d like to:
- Book Ann for a team workshop.
- Attend Get Clicked, Liked & Shared, Ann’s master class, April 18-22.
- Learn about our corporate communication trainer, Ann Wylie.
Questions? Contact Ann.