Thanks for your interest in Get Clicked, Liked & Shared!
Registration is closed now. Sign up to be notified when it’s open again.
By signing up, you are agreeing to receive emails from us.
Get Clicked, Liked & Shared content writing training program
Learn to write better blog posts and other content-marketing pieces Feb. 5-6 in Durham, NC
Content marketers and blog post writers — would you like to:
- Get clicked with story angles that big-data studies show are more likely to draw readers?
- Get read with a structure that increases readers by 300% and reading by 520%?
- Get liked with dozens of research-backed, proven-in-the-lab best practices?
- Get shared with two scientifically proven elements that make posts go viral?
- Get home early with time-saving, fill-in-the-blanks templates and recipes for organizing blog posts and content marketing pieces that almost write themselves?
“Revolutionised the way my communications team and I approach writing for online consumption.”
— Nikki Van Dusen, manager, internet communications, Alberta Public Affairs Bureau
Read more rave reviews
If so, please join Ann Wylie at Get Clicked, Read, Liked and Shared, our two-day content- and blog post-writing workshop in Durham, North Carolina, on Feb. 5-6. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Friend, Fan, Follower or Visitor: Offer news you can use to live your life better, and watch your reach and influence grow.
- Fill in the Blanks to a Better Blog Post: Get our recipes and templates for tipsheets, survey stories and more.
- Cut Through the Clutter Online: Overcome the obstacles of reading on the screen.
- Lift Your Ideas Off the Screen: Reach nonreaders with headlines, links and other online display copy.
- Transform Your Story From “Meh” to Masterpiece: Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
“Cool fresh stuff.”
— Brian Schultz, ITHR communications, Progressive Insurance
What you’ll learn in this content-writing training program
In this workshop, you’ll polish your digital-marketing writing skills to create a high-quality user experience for every piece you write. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Get more likes and shares with stories that better serve your audience.
- Write leads that drag readers into your piece with our 3-step test.
- Avoid using one “unretweetable” punctuation mark. It’s been proven in the lab to reduce sharing.
- Steal a one-two punch from the FBI for grabbing attention and communicating your key idea — in 280 characters or less.
- Write headlines that climb higher on search engine results pages and entice readers with wit and whimsy.
- Ramp up readability with a paragraph-by-paragraph analysis of the best ways to cut clutter from your post with a cool (free!) tool.
- Get the word out to the half of readers who spend less than 15 seconds on a post.
- Boost your social media analytics with Ann’s proven-in-the-lab best practices.
“I found the research shared extremely valuable because it helps me to make my case at work for shorter online copy.”
— Gordana Goudie, communications officer, Georgia Tech Professional Education
Get a content-writing workout with Wylie.
In the crunch of writing headlines and meeting deadlines, it sometimes seems as if there’s not enough time to pause and consider how you’re doing. But in our case studies and practice sessions, you’ll get a great opportunity for reflection and improvement.
Bring your laptop and a story to work on. You’ll get a chance to write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece. In these practice sessions, you’ll:
- Master the techniques you learn in the workshop by applying them immediately. (That’s how we put the “Master” in the Master Class!)
- Gain valuable insights on your work from your peers and from Ann.
- Learn to analyze and improve others’ writing — the best skill you can develop for editing others or improving your own work.
Your writing coach: Ann Wylie. Come learn the techniques Ann’s used to earn more than 60 communication awards, including two IABC Gold Quills — the Pulitzer Prizes of business communications.
“I love how interactive it was and that we went through real-life examples of each other’s work.”
— Elissa Bernstein, communications specialist, Commonwealth Partnerships
Sorry, we don’t offer online courses. The only way to learn Ann’s proven-in-the-lab best practices for reaching more readers via content marketing is to attend the live class.
– Elizabeth Seaberry
Location & logistics
Class runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 5-6, 2020 at:
3100 Tower Boulevard
Durham, NC 27707
|Training, lunches, workbook||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|$256 worth of learning tools for $100||✔||✔||✔|
|$297 subscription to Rev Up Readership for $100 more||✔||✔|
|A 1-hour one-on-one phone consult with Ann ($750 value)||✔|
Please learn about our discounts, cancellation policy and more in our FAQ.
“Absolutely the best money I’ve ever spent. I learned more about writing for my audience from Ann in one day than I have in any other seminar.”
— Carie Behounek, marketing communications coordinator, COPIC Companies
PRSA members: Earn 4 APR maintenance credits.
Save up to $100 with our group discounts.
Questions? Contact Ann.