Which works best for you?
Which Generative AI-bot works best? According to the Nielsen Norman Group’s latest study, the bots rank like this:
- Bard/ChatGPT: This difference is only marginally significant
What’s the matter with Bing?
Mainly, it sends you webpages so you can look up the answers yourself. But the whole point of Chatbots is to get the information foraging and aggregating done for you.
The UI can be confusing and, some say, unpredictable. Bing and Bard occasionally provided incorrect links. Bing is hard to use on the phone.
And 16% of Bing answers include an ad. (Neither of the other bots include ads.)
What about the rest?
- Multimedia: Bard and Bing offer it; ChatGPT does not.
- Web access: Bard and Bing offer it; ChatGPT does not. (Although it’s easy to get it with the Chrome Web Access Interface for ChatGPT.)
- Footnotes and links: Bing offers them; Bard does not. The study dings ChatGPT for a lack of links, but I do get a list of sources and links when I use 4.0 with web access.
- Chat history: ChatGPT offers it, which I find immensely helpful. Bing does for only limited users. Bard does not.
Which Chatbot do you use?
And why? Hit Reply and let me know.
As for me, I’m a ChatGPT user. But this study has made me want to try Bard — and avoid Bing.
Want to level up your AI-for-writing skills?
Learn my full system for writing better messages faster with AI.