Executive notes, survey stories & more
Writing a survey story? Tipsheet? Social media release? Don’t reinvent the wheel. These tips and templates will help you write better pieces faster.
- Why tipsheets? Service stories get read, shared, used and acted upon
- Here’s a tip: PR pros get attention with tipsheets
- Hit list: Lists top the list of blog posts that get shared
- From McCall’s to Buzzfeed: Listicles descend from 1890s women’s magazines
- An eggcellent idea: The American Egg Board chooses tipsheets
- 7 tips for tipsheets: How to write how-to articles
- Numbers count: Numerals in headlines quantify value, draw readers
- Quotes on tipsheets: What writers & others say
- Use ‘narrative shorthand’: Squeeze a big life into a small space
- More pocket profiles: Use ‘narrative shorthand’
- Crack the case: How to organize a case study
- Anatomy in action: See story elements at work in this health care narrative
- List-writing tips: Show the parts, show the whole, lead with the verb
Get more tips on story types on Rev Up Readership.