Best practices for writing headlines & more
- Bottoms up: List most-used choices at the top of the drop-down menu
- Do a number on your followers: Want your message to go viral? Use digits
- Can web heads be witty and wise? 5 ways to write for Google and people
- Frontload web heads: Move topics up top
- Help Google find your page: Optimize web heads for search, humans
- Dry as a bone?: Must web heads be dull?
- Don’t drop the deck: It may be the only thing page visitors read
- A link is a promise: Don’t disappoint readers
- Avoid online ADHD: Embed links carefully
- Chain reaction: Write web links that work
- Format links for clicking: 5 ways to draw eyes & fingers
- Polish your online road signs: Write links that tell visitors where they’re going
- The Goldilocks Conundrum: Write links that aren’t too short or too long
- Why avoid generic links?: You’re not still writing Click here and Read more
Get more tips on links and microcontent on Rev Up Readership.