Learn to get the word out via media relations in this PR writing class.
PR professionals have been married to the traditional news release format since Ivy Lee created the release more than 100 years ago. It’s time for a new approach!
With 2,500 releases going out each day — that’s one every 35 seconds — the impact of your traditional news release ain’t what it used to be. In fact, fewer than 50% of all traditional news releases ever get covered, according to PR Newswire’s own research.
Fewer than 50% of all traditional news releases ever get covered, according to PR Newswire’s own research.
But in this PR writing workshop, you’ll learn current best practices from the Public Relations Society of America’s “national writing coach.” You’ll find out how to go beyond PR 101 approaches to write media relations pieces that get posted and published and reach stakeholders directly.
What you’ll learn
Specifically, they’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reporter: Develop stories that media outlets want to run.
- Write Hot Releases: Tap current best practices, from lead to boilerplate.
- Cut Through the Clutter in PR: Measurably boost readability with our targets, tips & tools.
- Write Killer Bites: Turn lame-ass quotes into snappy sound bites.
- Lift Your Ideas Off the Release: Reach nonreaders with display copy.
- Optimize for Google and Humans: Master SEO for releases.
Two days: You’ll cover all the material in this workshop and get extra time for practice, perfection.
One hour or half day: Bring a keynote, breakout session or half-day workshop to your association chapter or conference. We’ll cover an overview of NOT Your Father’s News Release.
I’m ready to learn to write a great PR piece! I’d like to:
- Book Ann for an in-house or association workshop.
- Register for NOT Your Father’s News Release, a two-day Master Class in Washington, D.C. on Oct. 17-18.
- Browse all writing workshops.
Questions? Contact Ann.