Tell better corporate stories with this creative-writing training program
“Nobody ever sold anybody anything by boring them to death,” ad giant David Ogilvy famously said. In this Master the Art of Storytelling workshop, you’ll learn how to write corporate stories that grab attention, get understood — and sell products, services, programs and ideas.
“Ann transformed my writing in a mere 12 hours.”
— Brent Buchanan, communication, advocacy & political professional, Cygnal
Learn to Master the Art of Storytelling in our:
- In-house training programs
- Chapter professional development sessions
- Public workshops and master classes
What you’ll learn in Master the Art of Storytelling
Whether you’re writing stories for social media, PR, content marketing or corporate communications, in this storytelling workshop, you’ll learn to how to:
- Master the Art of Storytelling. Learn to find the aha! moment that’s the gateway to every anecdote. Discover how to elicit juicy stories with the key question to ask during an interview. And find out how to organize a powerful story with our simple storytelling template.
- Color Readers Fascinated. There’s a 1:1 correlation between concrete words and understanding. Learn to rivet readers by adding concrete details to your stories.
- Play With Your Words. Walk away with links to some of the best (free!) wordplay resources — as well as ideas for how to use them in your stories.
- Make Magic with Metaphor. Learn to say in five words what it normally takes five paragraphs to say; craft compelling metaphors with our fill-in-the-blanks formulas, and avoid letting Dead and Dead2 metaphors eat your readers’ brains.
- Paint Pictures in Readers’ Minds. Think of description as virtual reality: It stimulates readers’ brains and ignites their interest. Discover new techniques for lighting your readers’ brains up with description in this storytelling workshop.
- Think Outside the Pyramid. You wouldn’t tell the Cinderella story by leading with the bottom line: And they lived happily ever after. In this storytelling workshop, you’ll master a structure that makes your messages more engaging.
- Get to Aha! Master a creative process that works with — not against — your brain and that helps you produce more and better ideas.
- Get a Storytelling Workout. Take your message from meh to masterpiece in our storytelling master classes. Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
Learn more about our Master the Art of Storytelling trainer, Ann Wylie.
“Very eye-opening. Who knew you could teach an old dog new tricks? I was humbled.”
— Larry Nuffer, manager, corporate communications, CDC Small Business Finance