Get Clicked, Read, Liked and Shared at our social media-writing classes
You’ve read the numbers:
- Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13 times more likely to see a positive ROI (Hubspot). Yes, organizations and individuals do make money blogging!
- Companies with blogs produce 67% more leads on average each month than those without (DemandMetric).
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing yet generates three times the number of leads (DemandMetric).
No wonder 60% of all marketers believe writing great blog posts is their No. 1 inbound marketing priority (State of Inbound).
“The article I rewrote in Ann’s Master Class got nearly three times the average page views for our intranet home page stories. It was the second-most read story of the year.”
— Michelle Esso, senior communications staff writer, Baker Law
But competition for attention in the RSS feed is fierce: 28 million bloggers representing 505 million blogs produce 5.8 million new blog posts a day (TechJury).
In this environment, are your blog posts getting the word out?
Learn to write blog posts that Get Clicked, Read, Liked and Shared in our blog-writing training program for professional content marketers and bloggers.
Whether you’re just starting a blog part time or have been working as a full-time content marker for years, you’ll learn how to:
Think Like a Friend, Fan or Follower
“There’s a lot of ME in social MEdia,” says Brian Solis. “And there’s a great big I in TwItter.” Sadly, talking about yourself and your stuff works about as well on social channels as it does at a cocktail party. Watch your social media reach and influence grow when you deliver relevant, valuable, useful content.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Position your company as the expert in the field and draw readers in with news they can use to live their lives better.
- Make sure your status updates are welcome guests, not intrusive pests, by passing the 70-20-10 test.
- Tap the power of the most-retweeted word in the English language. And avoid the one topic nobody wants to read about.
Fill In the Blanks to a Better Blog Post
First, you’ll master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to:
- Attract 300% more readers (Groove HQ)
- Get more social media shares (Reuters Institute)
- Boost readership, understanding, engagement, interest, satisfaction and more (The Poynter Institute, The Readership Institute, the American Society of News Editors and the Newspaper Association of America)
Then you’ll use this master recipe to produce some of the most popular types of blog content:
- Fill in the blanks to the best survey story you’ve ever written, using our easy template.
- Get a simple template for crafting a tipsheet that almost writes itself.
- Write a great case study: It’s easy with our annotated example.
Cut Through the Clutter on Social Media
Bookshelves buckle under the weight of usability research showing that the less readable your status updates, the less sharing you’ll see. That the more you pack into your paragraphs, the less people will read. That the longer your sentences get, the less your readers will understand.
But how long is too long in social media? In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Hit the right targets: What’s the most effective length of a blog post? An online paragraph? A sentence? A word?
- Get a (free!) paragraph-by-paragraph analysis of your piece to identify the best opportunities to radically increase readability.
- Entice visitors to read more of your story by hitting one key on your keyboard more often.
Lift Ideas Off the Screen
Most web visitors spend, on average, fewer than 15 seconds on a page, according to a study by Chartbeat. Learn to get your message across to skimmers, scanners and other nonreaders.
- Write better listicles with our 6-step list-writing makeover.
- Bust the myth of page view time. Help readers understand better, remember longer and enjoy your piece more — in half the time.
- Tear down obstacles to reading your post by passing the Palm Test.
Choose from these formats for blogging courses:
- In-house training programs: Bring Ann in to train your whole team with on-site or online courses
- Public Master Classes: Build your own blog writing skills when you attend one of our writing workshops near you.
- Association workshops: Bring Ann to your conference or chapter for a keynote, breakout session or professional development program.
I’m ready to learn to write blog posts that Get Clicked, Read, Shared & Liked! I’d like to:
- Book Ann for an in-house or association workshop.
- Register for Get Clicked, Read, Liked & Shared, Ann’s two-day blog writing workshop in Durham, NC, on Feb. 5-6.
- Browse all writing workshops.
Questions? Contact Ann.