Draw record crowds to your conference keynotes, breakouts and professional development programs
- How did PRSA Puget Sound bring in more than 100 people to a professional development program — then turn around and produce an even more profitable event the next year?
- How did IABC Detroit draw a record audience to a writing workshop … in the midst of a miserable economy and massive layoffs?
- How did IABC Lincoln bring in more attendees than the chapter had members?
- How did PRSA Alaska pull 107 attendees to a PD seminar … and still have to turn away a substantial number on a waiting list?
Chapter leaders brought Ann Wylie in for writing workshops, that’s how.
Get rave reviews for IABC, PRSA training sessions.
“Ann is a huge draw. Her workshops aren’t the same every year, so people come back instead of saying, ‘I’ve already seen her.’”
— Karla Slate, past president, professional development chair, PRSA Puget Sound
Read more rave reviews.
As you plan your communications, PR or marketing association’s conference or chapter’s professional development programs, let Ann help you:
1. Draw more members.
PRSA has had such success with Ann Wylie’s writing workshops, the association has dubbed her its “national writing coach.” PRSA brings Ann in to present writing workshops around the country, deliver monthly webinars and write a column for Strategies & Tactics.
IABC has seen such great results from Ann’s conference keynotes, breakouts and workshops, the organization has put her programs in the All-Star category.
Why not bring a name-brand speaker to your chapter?
“I have never had members send emails following a session expressing how much they enjoyed a session. I received at least five following Ann’s session.”
— Mary Deming Barber, APR, Fellow PRSA, PRSA Alaska
Read more rave reviews.
2. Build your chapter.
More than 100 associations — from Beroepsvereniging voor Communicatie (a national association of Dutch communicators) to the Washington Schools Public Relations Association — have brought Ann in to train their members.
Along the way, they’ve achieved record attendance, earned rave reviews and brought in new members through Ann’s writing workshops. Find out how other chapters routinely draw 100-plus attendees for Ann’s courses at our Chapter Resource Center.
Need to raise money for member services? Ann’s half-day writing workshops make great fundraisers for communication association chapters.
“One idea that the leadership kept coming back to was to bring in a nationally known communications expert to attract young professionals as well as the more seasoned communicator. Everyone had heard great things about Wylie’s workshops.”
— Debra Salem, IABC/Detroit chapter leader
Read more rave reviews.
Ann’s timeless topics will appeal to your association’s senior members and beginners alike, no matter what their industry or specialty. Bring Ann in to help your members improve their writing skills in such workshops as:
- Persuasive writing training. Learn to Catch Your Readers and move them to act in our flagship workshop. Master a writing structure that’s been proven in the lab to reach more readers. Measurably improve readability. And learn how to write effective headlines and other display copy that get the word out even to nonreaders.
- Master the Art of Storytelling. Learn how to write an effective narrative in our corporate storytelling workshop. You’ll also master the art of descriptive writing, writing with color and other creative techniques for engaging your audiences.
- Write for Readability. Measurably boost readability scores with our clear-and-concise-writing class. You’ll use a cool (free!) tool to get 27 readability metrics. Then you’ll learn targets, tips and techniques for improving each one.
- Write Better, Easier & Faster. Want to come up with fresher, faster, more inspired story ideas and writing insights? Master a 5-step writing process that works with — not against — your brain in our writing-process workshop.
- Reach Readers Online.You’ve read the numbers. You know that more than half of your audience members now receive your emails, visit your webpages and engage with your blog posts via their mobile devices, not their laptops. Learn current best practices for blog writing, email writing and website writing that reaches readers on the go.
- PR writing training. Develop stories that media outlets want to run; tap current best practices, from lead to boilerplate; and turn lame-ass quotes into snappy sound bites in our NOT Your Father’s News Release writing workshop.
4. Save money.
Communication associations save 50% off Ann’s fees for PRSA courses, IABC training, and conference keynotes and breakout sessions.
Don’t miss out: Book Ann today.
Because of these deep discounts, Ann can deliver only a handful of communication association writing workshops a year. If you’d like your members — and organization — to benefit from Ann’s training, contact Ann now.