Reach more recipients with our email-marketing course
Boost opens, click-through rates & more in this writing workshop
Two thirds of email recipients open your email on their smartphones, not their laptops. Some 7% read your email newsletters in the bathroom. (And the other 93% are lying.)
Problem is, reading your marketing email on the small screen is like reading War and Peace through a keyhole. It’s not easy to get the word out on a 5.5” rectangle..
When reading emails on their mobile devices, recipients:
- Click 40% less often (Mailchimp). There go your click-through rates.
- Are more likely to unsubscribe. More than half of consumers have unsubscribed from brand emails because they didn’t work well on mobile (Litmus).
- Find it 48% harder to understand content (R.I. Singh, et al., University of Alberta).
So how do you make the most of this essential marketing channel?
In this writing workshop, you’ll learn how to write powerful emails that get opened, read, clicked and shared.
“The clickthrough rate on our email newsletter increased by 400% after I applied Ann’s suggestions for writing online headlines.”
— Jamie Porter, industry communications content editor, Travel Oregon
Read more rave reviews
Get a customized workshop at your convenience.
Build your own skills in our Master Class Dec. 11-15.
What you’ll learn
In this email-marketing course, you’ll learn how to make emails a powerful marketing tool that sells products, services, programs and ideas. You’ll get scientific, proven-in-the-lab techniques for writing emails that:
Recipients look at four elements — not just the subject line — to decide whether to open or delete. Are you going beyond the subject line? Or are you ignoring 75% of your chance to get opened?
American professionals receive an average of 121 emails a day (The Radicati Group). How can you keep attention from subject line to sign-off? Learn an approach that’s been proven in the lab to work better than the one you’re using now.
Aren’t too long or too short
Recipients spend, on average, 51 seconds reading e-zines and 11 seconds reading email marketing blasts. So how long should your emails be? Plus: How long should your subject line, headline and lead be?
Get the word out to skimmers
Only 19% of people thoroughly read emails. So how do you reach nonreaders? Find out how to put your message where their eyes are with our simple test. And choose the right template for your email newsletter.
Avoid the spam filter and the unsubscribe button
Learn the No. 1 reason people unsubscribe — and the surprising top reason you’ll wind up in the spam filter. Plus: Get more clicks with this quick hack for avoiding fat-fingers/no bars syndrome.
Let Ann help you write your message
In our Master Classes, you’ll get feedback from Ann on quick writing assignments. You’ll watch as Ann edits your homework live in class. And you’ll learn from your colleagues’ feedback as well. That’s how we put the master in the Master Class!
Who should attend this writing workshop
Join us in this email marketing course if you work in:
- Audience development
- Brand management
- Community management
- Content writing/creation
- Content marketing
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Digital marketing
- E-commerce marketing
- Email marketing
- Email newsletter writing
- Growth hacking
- Internal communications
- Lifecycle marketing
- Managers CRM
- Marketing communications
- Product marketing
About the writing workshop trainer, Ann Wylie
Ann has earned 60 communication awards, including two International Association of Business Communicators Gold Quills — the Pulitzer Prizes of corporate communications. Now she shares her award-winning techniques with other communicators via her writing workshops.
Ann’s training business has taken her from Hollywood to Helsinki. There, she helps communicators in organizations like Coca-Cola, Toyota, Salesforce and Eli Lilly polish their skills and find new inspiration for their work.
Are you ready to get opened, read and clicked?
The average ROI on email marketing is 4,300%, according to the Direct Marketing Association. And that, says Inc., is a better return than for any other marketing channel.
But that return is an opportunity — not a promise. And taking advantage of that opportunity isn’t easy. Email has some built-in problems that make it easy to annoy, rather than convert, subscribers.
In this writing workshop, you’ll learn to overcome the obstacles to reaching readers via email. Don’t miss out.