Help your whole team tell better corporate stories
Get all of your team members on the same page with an in-house corporate storytelling workshop.
- Learn tips and techniques for improving your storytelling skills.
- Identify opportunities to improve with customization. I’ll use your team’s writing samples as examples in the workshop.
- Keep team members learning long after the workshop ends with a three-month membership to Rev Up Readership for up to 30 members of your team.
“Ann inspired me to exorcise the dusty demons of my journalism career and embrace a livelier and more agile writer within.”
— Laura Ingalls, senior manager, communications, PetSmart Charities
One-day (six-hour) workshop
Learn best practices in corporate storytelling. We’ll cover:
- Think Outside the Pyramid. You wouldn’t tell the Cinderella story by leading with the bottom line: And they lived happily ever after. In this storytelling workshop, you’ll master a structure that makes your messages more engaging.
- Color Readers Fascinated. There’s a 1:1 correlation between concrete words and understanding. Learn to rivet readers by adding concrete details to your stories.
- Make Magic with Metaphor. Learn to say in five words what it normally takes five paragraphs to say; craft compelling metaphors with our fill-in-the-blanks formulas, and avoid letting Dead and Dead2 metaphors eat your readers’ brains.
- Master the Art of Storytelling. Learn to find the aha! moment that’s the gateway to every anecdote. Discover how to elicit juicy stories with the key question to ask during an interview. And discover how to organize a powerful story with our simple storytelling template.
Two-day (12-hour) Master Class
Cover more best practice and get time for practice and feedback. In addition to the modules in the one-day workshop, we’ll cover:
- Play With Your Words. Walk away with links to some of the best (free!) wordplay resources — as well as ideas for how to use them in your stories.
- Paint Pictures in Readers’ Minds. Think of description as virtual reality: It stimulates readers’ brains and ignites their interest. Discover new techniques for lighting your readers’ brains up with description in this storytelling workshop.
- Get to Aha! Master a creative process that works with — not against — your brain and that helps you produce more and better ideas.
- Get a Storytelling Workout. Take your message from meh to masterpiece in our storytelling master classes. Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
Train far-flung team members in six 75-minute sessions. We’ll cover all the material in the 2-day Master Class, except the Storytelling Workout.
Make the most of your workshop
Multiply the value of your training program when you add:
- Writing guidelines: Get “the book” of proven-in-the-lab best persuasive-writing practices, customized with before-and-after examples of your own work.
- One-on-one coaching: Give struggling team members a little extra help or turn your best writers into rock stars.