Polish your writing skills with our globally award-winning writing trainer
Writing coach Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers. And she works with organizations that want to get the word out.
Ann’s work has earned more than 60 communication awards, including:
- A national Women In Communications Clarion
- Two global International Association of Business Communicators Gold Quills — the Pulitzer Prizes of business communications
- An Association of Area Business Publications national magazine award
“Ann Wylie is one of the few people who can actually teach something substantial about writing.”
— George Stenitzer, vice president of corporate communications, Tellabs
Ann has written more than a dozen learning tools. They include Think Like a Reader, Master the Art of Storytelling and Cut Through the Clutter. She is also the author of Rev Up Readership, a toolbox for writers.
Before starting her firm, Ann was:
- Editor of Hallmark Cards’ employee channel, CROWN. Under her leadership, CROWN was named the best channel of its kind in the nation by Women In Communication. And it was named best of its kind in the world by the International Association of Business Communicators.
- Editor of a regional business magazine. There, she interviewed CEOs and billionaires and learned a lot about what makes successful companies tick. (Don’t hate Ann, but she’s also interviewed George Clooney, Robert Redford and Brad Pitt.)
- An adjunct graduate writing professor. In addition to her full-time work, Ann taught graduate writing courses at Webster University for more than a decade.
“Many writing coaches focus on the commas. Ann focuses on how to make your writing so compelling that the commas are barely noticeable.”
— Lisa Godwin, community relations staff member, Providence Health System
Now, as president of Wylie Communications, Ann:
- Handles special writing and editing projects. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, FedEx, H&R Block, the Mayo Clinic, Sprint, VSP, Whole Foods and others call on Ann for writing that sells.
- Helps organizations — including Comcast, ExxonMobil, General Dynamics, Hallmark, Motorola, PetSmart, State Farm and Walgreens — launch or revitalize their communication channels.
- Trains thousands of communicators, marketers and PR pros at hundreds of organizations including Coca-Cola, LinkedIn, NASA and Toyota.
Ann serves as the Public Relations Society of America’s national writing coach. She’s a Top Rated speaker at IABC World Conferences.
Ann earned an M.S. in journalism from the University of Kansas. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English from Kansas State University.
Writing training and coaching services
Ann’s popular workshops take her from Hollywood to Helsinki. Bring her to your workplace or conference or meet her on the road with our:
- In-house writing training. Improve your whole team’s writing skills when you bring me in for an on-site workshop. You choose the topic, from social media writing to the writing process.
- Public writing classes. Improve your own skills at one of our two-day writing workshops near you.
- Communication association writing workshops. Bring Ann in for a conference keynote or series of breakout sessions. Or host a half-day morning professional development program for your chapter.
- One-on-one writing coaching. Once you’ve graduated from one of our workshops, you may book coaching sessions with Ann.
Or maybe you have something else in mind?
Need someone to look over your shoulder while you write your book proposal? Need help developing your team into a writing center of excellence? However you’d like to improve writing, Ann is here to help.
Yes, I’m ready to boost writing skills with Ann!
Let me tell you what I have in mind …
How may we help you? Contact Ann to book a writing workshop today.