Improve your writing skills with an award-winning writing trainer
Hi, I’m Ann Wylie. That’s me up front in the picture, training a team of marketing writers to write persuasive, engaging, readable messages.
In in-house training programs and public writing workshops like this one, I share the proven-in-the-lab best practices I’ve used to earn more than 60 communication awards, including two IABC Gold Quills — the Pulitzer Prizes of business communications.
Not bad for someone who’s not that talented!
I’m not just being modest here (as anyone who’s ever spent more than two minutes with me can attest!). Seriously: Put 10 professional writers in a room, and nine of them will have more natural writing ability than me.
Global writing coach and trainer
But despite my natural-born-talent deficit:
- Organizations ranging from Coca-Cola to Carnegie-Mellon, from LinkedIn to Lockheed Martin, from NASA to Nike, and from Toyota to Toshiba bring me in to share my writing secrets.
- Companies like the Mayo Clinic, H&R Block, PetSmart charities, REI, SAIC and Sprint call on me to handle special writing projects.
- Clients from as far away as Amsterdam, Brussels, Geneva, Helsinki, Istanbul and Paris fly me in to their organizations to hear what I have to say.
- Organizations like Comcast, ExxonMobil, FedEx, Hallmark, Motorola, Saint Luke’s Health System and Walgreens ask for my help launching and revitalizing their communication channels.
- Communications and marketing writers at H&R Block, John Deere, Nike and Nokia have made me their personal writing coach.
Proven-in-the-lab best practices
To become successful, I’ve had to do something that 97% of writers haven’t done. In order to build my global writing training and coaching business, I’ve had to assemble dozens and dozens of scientific, research-based, proven-in-the-lab tricks for improving my writing.
“Ann Wylie is one of the few people who can actually teach something substantial about writing.”
— George Stenitzer, vice president of corporate communications, Tellabs
In other words: I’m a nerd. I miss graduate school! I’m never happier than when work feels like writing a thesis.
Which is why while you’re out having fun on a Friday night, I’m cuddled up with a warm study. All of those Friday nights and all of those warm studies mean I’ve developed proven-in-the-lab tricks that will help you:
- Find the story angle your readers want to read. (Most communicators use the story angle their organizations wish readers wanted to read!)
- Organize articles, web pages and blog posts that almost write themselves
- Measurably boost readability (I’ve seen people improve Flesch Reading Ease by more than 1,200% in less than an hour by using my system.)
- Write headlines and display copy that draw readers in and communicate to flippers, skimmers and other nonreaders
- Tell corporate stories that surprise and delight readers
- Write effective blog posts, marketing emails and web pages that get the word out on the web
- Produce news releases that actually get read
- Master the writing process so you can write better, easier and faster
That’s important. Because tricks trump talent every day. That’s right: When it comes to communication, marketing and PR writing, whoever has the most tricks wins.
And that’s where you come in …
Want my writing tricks?
Do you want to improve your writing skills and find new inspiration for your work? Nail PR writing and corporate storytelling? Learn to write better email marketing pieces, blog posts and mobile web pages?
Wish you could make your messages more persuasive and engaging? Surprise and delight readers? Master the creative process so you can produce more and better ideas on deadline?
If so, let’s do this!
Writing training and coaching services
Let’s work together to improve your writing skills via:
- In-house writing training. Improve your whole team’s writing skills when you bring me in for an on-site workshop.
- Public writing classes. Improve your own skills at one of our two-day writing workshops near you.
- Communication association writing workshops. Bring me in for a conference keynote or series of breakout sessions. Or host a half-day morning professional development program for your chapter.
- One-on-one writing coaching. After you’ve been through our one- or two-day training programs, you’ll be eligible to work individually with me to improve your writing skills.
- Membership in RevUpReadership.com. Get the word out with this writer’s toolbox.
- E-books and other writing tools. Reach more readers with these self-study resources.
- Email newsletter of writing tips. Keep up with all of our tips when you subscribe.
Or maybe you have something else in mind? Let me know how you’d like to improve your writing skills, and we’ll figure something out. I look forward to working with you!
Writing trainer and coach