Increase reading, satisfaction
Feature stories help readers understand, enjoy and spend more time reading your copy, according to new research on story forms.
- Combat fatigue: Are you using a 150-year-old story format?
- Hey, neighbor! Want your brand to seem more personable?
- One to remember: Features ‘cement main points into readers’ memories’
- Read all about it: Use a structure that’s been proven to increase reading
- Think outside the pyramid: The traditional news structure fails readers
- Thank you for sharing: Features go viral more often, says Reuters Institute
- Shatter the pyramid: Three ways to create more feature-style stories
- A way around the pyramid: Lift ideas off the page with display copy
- Stroke of editing: In which Ann takes on Jill Bolte Taylor’s bestseller
- Extreme Makeover: News release edition: The story within a bank report
- Bring strategy stories down to earth: Make them more concrete, creative
Write a feature
- Construct a feature: Six easy pieces
- Feature leads: Grab reader attention
- Feature bodies: Develop the story
- Transitions: Hold it all together
- Conclusion: Wrap up loose ends
Get more tips on feature structure on Rev Up Readership