Headlines for releases
Grab reader attention
It’s the most important real estate on the page. It’s what journalists (and readers) see first. It gets more Google juice than other copy.
To make the most of this powerful element, use best practices in news release headlines.
Choose the right words
- Can the puffery: Write PR heads with nouns & verbs, not modifiers
- Numbers count: Numerals in headlines quantify value, draw readers
- But what’s the topic? Silver Anvil winners show it’s not ‘us and our stuff’
Keep release headlines short
- Keep news release heads short: Write for Google News
SEO for release headlines
- Optimize for Google and readers: SEO for release headlines