Overcome the obstacles
Reading online hurts! No wonder people avoid it. Here are the obstacles we need to overcome when writing for the web.
- Does not compute: 16% of adults are technologically illiterate
- Driven to distraction: The web is ‘an interruption system’
- One more thing that’ll kill you: Screen reading causes nausea, eyestrain, more
- Site for sore eyes: Online reading causes dry eyes, blurred vision
- Up all night: Bedtime screen reading causes e-somnia
- Your brain on the web: We’re clicking instead of concentrating