Get the word out on the web
When reading on the screen, your audience members suffer physical ailments ranging from double vision to nausea to difficulty thinking. Here’s how to write copy that overcomes the obstacles of screen reading to get the word out on the web.
Web writing problems
- Screen reading: Overcome the obstacles
- Does not compute: 16% of adults are technologically illiterate
How to write for the web
- Quick web copy: Get to the point faster
- Chunk web copy up: Break it into smaller pieces
- Tight web copy: Make it shorter
- Writing for mobile: Ready for the small screen?
- One Smart site: PetSmartCharities.org reaches readers online
- What would Google do? Steal 4 tips from the search giant’s own releases
- Letter perfect: Three tips for writing engaging e-zine copy
More on web writing
- Quotes on web writing: What writers & others say
Want more web-writing tips? Join now to view more