Write moving quotes, memorable quips
Quotations can add creativity, humanity and color to your story. But too often, quotes are the most boring — not the most interesting — parts of our copy. Try these tips for transforming quotes from blah-blah to brilliant.
- Avoid creative incest: Don’t model executive quotes on executive quotes
- ‘I’m so excited’: Executives are in a tizzy over their announcements
- String readers along: Strings of quotes work when they’re fascinating
- Say it ain’t so: Reporters shoot down PR quotes
More on quoting
- Quotes on quotations: What writers & others say