Steal techniques from the fiction writers
It ain’t fluff.
Creative material grabs and keeps reader attention. It paints pictures in your readers’ minds so they understand your points faster, enjoy them more and remember them longer. And it communicates more clearly, creates a “buzz” for your topic and enhances credibility.
Here’s how to tap the power of creative copy.
Make Your Copy More Creative
- Paint word pictures: ‘You’ll have your hand on your head with a knot under it’
- Why be creative? Interesting copy helps readers learn
- Bring strategy stories down to earth: Make them more concrete, creative
- ‘Don’t light your clothing on fire’: WCB-Alberta teaches safety through ‘The Hunger Games’
- Communicate, don’t decorate: Creative copy can attract or distract
- Notes from New York: Write with your eraser
- Captivate your audience: Three ways to make your copy more creative
Model the masters
- Model the masters: Make a mentor of your favorite writer
- Model the masters II: Find a mentor in your favorite publications and websites
- Quotes on creative copy: What writers & others say