Measure communication effectiveness
Did you reach your goals?
You’ve reached the last step of the five-step process. Now you need to know when you’ve reached your destination.
And measuring communication effectiveness is the fifth and final step in the five-step planning process: to measure how successful your communication vehicle has been in achieving its goals.
- Don’t try measurement … Unless you want to prove your value to the organization
Measure communication success
- Count what counts: How to get your piece of the ROI on communications
- Demonstrate your value Diane Gayeski, Ph.D., shares a model that works
- Going up! How to tie communications to your organization’s business success
- How to earn a Gold Quill: Angela Sinickas shares her award-winning entry
- No more excuses!: How to spot hidden measurement resources
- Top 10 measurement mistakes: How to avoid these research problems
What to measure
- Here & there, now & then: 3 ways to measure
- Track outputs, outtakes and outcomes: What to measure
- Don’t forget the cost of benefits: Measure the ‘invisible chunk’
- The right stuff: Are you measuring the wrong things?
- When the boss is wrong: Slip the measures he needs in with the ones he wants
What not to measure
- Please remember this: A click is just a click … a share is just a share
- Measure what matters: Hint — It’s not page views
Measure on a budget
- No budget? No problem!: How to measure with little time and money
- Five ways to measure for free: Check out these no-budget tools, from Angela Sinickas
- Measure on a shoestring: Six free or cheap tools for tracking communication success
More on measurement
- Quotes on communication measurement: What writers & others say