Cut Through the Clutter
Make every piece you write easier to read & understand
“The most concise, outstanding ‘short course’ on cleaning up copy.”
— Kevin Trenga, manager, marketing communications, The Raymond Corp.
Learn what others say about Cut Through the Clutter
Is your copy easy to read? According to communication experts, that’s one of the two key questions people ask to determine whether to read a piece — or toss it.
Fortunately, academics have tested and quantified what makes copy easy to read. Unfortunately, that research virtually never makes it out of the ivory tower and into the hands of writers who could actually apply it.
But you’ll leave this session with “the numbers” you need to measurably improve your copy’s readability. Specifically, you’ll learn:
- How long is too long: For your paragraphs? Your sentences? Your words?
- Three ways to shorten your copy — and which is the most effective way
- How to cut your copy before you’ve even written the first word
- How to avoid causing your reader to skip your paragraphs
- A tool you can use (you probably already have it, but you might not know it) to quantifiably improve your copy’s readability
- A seven-step system for making your copy clearer and more concise