Write for the Web
Overcome the obstacles of reading on the screen
“A great course for virtually every level of Web writer, from beginner to expert.”
— Jill Stueck, corporate affairs director, AT&T
Find out what others say about Ann’s Web writing workshops
*Note: This workshop is two modules, or a half-day, long.
When reading on the screen, your audience members suffer physical ailments ranging from double vision to nausea to difficulty thinking. No wonder people avoid reading online!
In this workshop, you’ll learn a six-step process for writing Web copy that overcomes the obstacles of online reading. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Increase usability by 124% with three simple copywriting steps
- Create Web copy that works with, not against, readers’ natural online reading habits
- Run a quick test to make sure your copy gets to the point fast enough
- Go beyond WWWWWH to include the two elements that really need to be included in an online lead
- Determine how long your Web page should be. (Beware: Many page-length recommendations are based on outdated research)
- Apply the 30-3-30-3 rule to give online readers what they’re looking for
- Chunk your copy instead of irritating the reader by chopping it
- Develop a voice for your online communications