Bring your ideas to life with human interest
“People fall in love with people, not statistics. … Stories with people in them tend to attract more than those without.”
— Peter Jacobi,
and Adjunct Riley Lecturer
at the Indiana University School of Journalism
Human interest — using a person to stand for your point — can make your ideas more interesting, understandable and credible.
But too often, communicators reduce the most compelling, human stories to the most boring, abstract, ineffectual level.
Don’t let that happen to you. In People Power: Bring your ideas to life with human interest, you’ll learn how to:
- Tap the most credible source of information — “a person like me,” according to the Edelman Trust Barometer — to sell your ideas
- Showcase employees to show “what’s important around here,” breathe life into your guiding principles, illustrate employee guidelines, market your expertise and recruit new staffers
- Profile clients to demonstrate the benefits of your products, show how bad life can be without your goods and services and illustrate your values
- Convince reluctant managers and approvers to use human interest copy
- Find people to stand for your point
- Create templates for profiles that almost write themselves
- Perfect your profiles, build better bios and make moves and milestones releases more meaningful
You’ll also learn how 37 organizations — including American Century, Dove, Eastman Chemical, Eli Lilly, Embassy Suites, Ernst & Young, Fleishman-Hillard, Hallmark, Kellogg, Mayo, Nike, PETsMART, Qualcomm, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Select Comfort, Walgreens and Wyeth — use human interest to bring their messages to life.
Plus, you’ll get inspired by dozens of examples and images of successful human interest pieces.
Best of all, you can be applying these techniques in little more than an hour.
89-page downloadable e-book (PDF). $27.
Gold member discount price: $24. You save $3.
Serious about developing your skills? Get Ann’s Power Pack and save!