Get ‘the book’ that puts writers and approvers on the same page
“Bringing in Ann Wylie was absolutely one of the best investments I’ve made on this job.”
— Cindy Conner, manager, Corporate Communications, FedEx
Ever wish you had a reference tool you could hand off to new team members to answer the question, “How do we write around here?”
How about a resource you could use to show serial offenders how to fix label heads, passive voice or leads that are more likely to get readers to take a nap than to take action?
Wouldn’t you love to present a document that helps you tell your approvers, “While I personally would love to press ‘Send’ on your engineering dissertation, our writing guidelines demand that we hit 60 or higher on the Flesch Reading Ease test. We’ll need to make this simpler for our customers”?
Enter Wylie’s Writing Guidelines. With this service, you’ll get dozens of guidelines — all based on proven-in-the-lab best practices and illustrated with before-and-after versions of your own writing samples — to help you:
- Catch Your Readers by creating story angles focused on the readers’ best interest, not on the organization’s best interest
- Draw Readers In with leads that grab attention and pull people into the story
- Cut Through the Clutter to make every piece you write measurably easier to read and understand
- Lift Ideas Off the Screen with display copy that communicates even to nonreaders
How it works
Send us up to 30 of your group’s writing samples in Word, and we’ll:
- Create writing guidelines, based on best practices, that tell your writers what to do
- Rewrite story angles, headlines, leads, links and more that show your writers how to do it
Tip: Add this service to an in-house writing workshop. You’ll get more out of both services and save a little money.
And please note that we can help you implement the guidelines with our writing and editing services.
Why Wylie Communications?
Ann and her team have:
- Earned more than 60 awards for reaching readers, including two IABC Gold Quills — the Pulitzer Prizes of business communications
- Trained thousands of communicators in hundreds of organizations, including NASA, Nike and Nokia, to catch their readers
- Created writing guidelines for organizations including Exxon and Baylor Scott & White Health
How may we help you?
Contact Ann about developing writing guidelines for your group.